In memory of those members who have passed away.
- Join Us to Celebrate the Life of Dr. Tony BurgessIn Memory of Tony Lambard Burgess June 5, 1948 – January 21, 2022 Tony Lambard Burgess, PhD, (1948-2022), longtime admired member of Arizona Native Plant Society, renowned desert ecologist, botanist, University of Arizona Desert Laboratory scientist and author, co-designer of the BioSphere2 Project, Professor at Columbia University and Texas Christian University (TCU), died January 21, 2022, in Homer, Alaska, age 73, from complications of cancer. Tony survived 22 years of multiple cancers believed to be […]
- Join us for a Celebration of the Life and Legacy of Richard FelgerA gathering to celebrate the memory of Richard S. Felger is planned for Saturday, April 16, 2022 in Tucson, Arizona. The celebration is being hosted by the Herbarium at the University of Arizona, and will be held in the patios surrounding the Herbarium at Herring Hall on the UofA Campus. Richard was a highly esteemed botanist and ethnobotanist of the Southwest and northern Mexico, author of many books and articles, and an active participant in the Arizona and the New Mexico Native Plant Societies.
- Remembering Nancy “Z” ZierenbergWe still feel the loss of one of our wonderful native plant warriors: Nancy “Z” Zierenberg. We reprint below the article from the Plant Press, Summer 2011, written by Greta Anderson.
- Richard Stephen Felger (1934-2020)The world lost a great desert botanist, a prolific researcher and a generous human being when Richard Felger passed away in late October 2020, at his home in Silver City, New Mexico, at the age of 86.
- Frank S. Rose (1927 -2020)Long-time AZNPS member and Tucson botanist Frank S. Rose passed away on October 15, 2020 at his home in Tucson, surrounded by his family.